Skip to main content

Emancipated! Enter the Holy Spirit!

Great guy number 2 met me at a time when I had really moved on and didn't need a man to validate my existence! I was entirely emancipated!

I loved men but not to the point of killing myself about it. I was a single mother pursuing a Bachelors degree in Financial Management! My life was full and busy- the way I like it!

I was that kind of young woman that men feared to love because my focus was too damn intense!

You needed to be awesome and very focused to stand a chance to break through the bubble of my completeness that surrounded me! But who was I kidding, I was barely Twenty four and life is long, lol.

Anyway, so great guy number two broke through and he really wasn't all that focused but he warmed his way into my heart anyway! To say my whole heart belonged to him is a grave understatement because I loved him way more than I loved myself. He stirred up in me the kind of love I didn't know I was capable of. I would have died for him a hundred times over!

It was insanely intense and entirely worth it. I grew in patience, tolerance, sensitivity, thoughtfulness, heck even in charm! We planned to get married and boy was I excited!

You cannot even begin to imagine the extent of my loyalty to this man!

I was therefore devastated when the relationship ended! It was excruciatingly painful! In that season I understood that love is more powerful than death because at least death is an end in itself! My heart was ripped out of my chest, run over, crushed, shredded and then shattered all at the same time!

It was so unbelievable that love could hurt so much. I had breakups before but this pain- I would have prefered to go through the pain of child birth again.

I didn't know how to deal! I tried everything I knew how; immersing myself in work did not help. I was dead, not dying but dead.

This is what love was; the gut wrenching ripping of my soul! Unbelievably painful! And no! There was no remedy to the pain!

Never in my life have I ever been depressed! Maybe a bit but it all paled in relation to what was happening to me in the season of heartbreak!

Naturally I'm not a burden sharer so I couldn't talk about it but I couldn't seem to find any other outlet either! I couldn't write, sing, dance or even work the pain away. I just couldn't do anything about it.

My heart was kidnapped by this pain that dominated it. It was there, it was real and it was going nowhere! I just couldn't deal!

I called a friend of mine who usually knows what to say when I'm being melodramatic! He listened to what I couldn't say and did the wisest thing ever: he sent me back to God- after praying with me of course.

Needless to say, I did not know how to relate with God in my pain and prayer was not really at the top of my list of things to do.

Enter the HolySpirit!

I decided to try anyway. Honesty, no pretense just plain old honesty! I told God I couldn't deal. I didn't know how or even what to pray. I just needed Him to help me! I'm telling you, my pain was the kind that needed to go and that honesty before God opened up a well as the Spirit of God gave me utterance and started to interceed for me with groanings beyond my understanding!

I don't remember a single thing I prayed but the pain started to make it's way out! The grief started to flow! The heartbreak, betrayal, pain, conflict, hate, betrayal, depression all started to find their level.

I'm telling you, you do not know comfort until of the Spirit of God has dealt with you. You don't know friendship, the definition of help until you have been through His surgery.

To say that He is a mender of broken hearts is absolute truth that I can testify to without speculation! For His healing is divine and wholesome! His help is indescribable! His comfort you cannot even begin to comprehend!

I have no hate! No regret! No fear! No pain! No depression! Only absolute peace and a new heart! A beautiful new heart full of joy at all the possibilities life has to offer!

I commend you to the Spirit of God! He will sort you out!


Comments

Unknown said…
Ehhh? You make it sound so simple.
5ive Wads said…
Hahaha, it is not simple one bit especially when you don't know how to let Him in. I struggled for almost two months before I realized I can't fix this lol. But once you surrender, He shows up and changes things like the awesome God He is!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Arrivalism- the concept

Not too many things in life crack me up as much as the arrivalist. The embodiment of the concept is immaturely grown up that it puzzles me; the paradox that is arrivalism. Maybe before we go too far, let’s try and define this thing. My use of the word arrivalism in this article describes the mentality or false feeling of accomplishment or reaching the top of the road in a particular field. A case in point would be the upcoming musician whose music starts to enjoy massive airplay across media platforms or the socialite who starts getting noticed by and featured in tabloids. That sudden sense of accomplishment (adrenaline rush kind of thing), that gets to the head of the individual feeling it- that right there is arrivalism. When what should be a possible pit stop in life’s journey becomes the final destination because of pride( or as we’d say in Uganda ‘posing’). It really is just extreme pride in an achievement that is probably not that big a deal and more often t

Does Femininity = Weakness?

'You are a very strong woman,' she remarked 'So you can easily handle people who try and walk all over you.' 'Um... Okay.' I mumbled trying to internalize her angle of this thing. Mel had been dealing with a 'disgruntled' male colleague and in the middle of their discourse, she burst into tears. Now, for some people that may be a natural response to frustration and to others, it is just foreign. We ask ourselves questions like 'who cries in public' or go ahead and remember statements like 'never give anyone the satisfaction of seeing your tears' Recently, my workplace was doing interviews and we posed the generic question; what is your weakness? and it turned out tears were the weakness for a few of the interviewees. Can the strength of God be made perfect in out tears and frustration? I think this article by Mategyero will help answer that question. 1Peter 3:7 says; Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge

TEENAGE PREGNANCY IN UGANDA

She got married at 15, had her first child at 16, then the other two at 18 and 19years of age respectively. So is the story of Nankya. Her marriage was arranged so that immediately she finished her primary school education she was married off. "When I was about to seat for PLE, a certain man came to my parents home in the village and I was asked to serve the visitor. Being my mother’s daughter I had been taught what to do and how to do it and mainly because I was the first girl I used to do a lot of housework. So, over the years I had perfected various skills. After the meal, my parents left me to talk to the man who then told me that he was going to marry me and make me his wife and the mother of his children. I was really happy because among my peers, I was the first to get married and that brought pride to my family." Nankya’s happiness however was short-lived as she became a slave to this man’s wants and desires and if she even as much as grumbled about